Thursday, June 5, 2014

Using Tellagami in the Classroom

Language Arts 

In this content area we will be studying novels together. I think an effective way to see if my students understood will be to use a Tellagami. I will have my student's retell a brief summary of the novel, then explain how that novel can relate to their own lives. This will help them understand the reason we read the novel, and the significance of it. I think it will teach the students a great skill by helping them relate the material back to themselves.

Math

I will have my students create a Tellagami to re-teach a lesson we have learned. It will help them review the material we have learned, while teaching it back to someone. While reviewing the material to teach, the students will have to opportunity to pinpoint the areas the either did not understand the first time, or areas they had trouble with.

Social Studies

I think the best way for students to learn the concepts in History is to find something they are interesting in and learn more about it. I will have the students select a topic they would like to learn more about and have them do a little research on it. After they have complied the research I will have them create a Tellagami discussing what they have learned.

Science

In our Science class we will be doing many experiments. I will have the students create Tellagami's to record the data they have collected in the experiments. This will give them an opportunity to easily recall the data back to remember the findings. They can use the Tellagami to create a report to submit for a grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment